10 Bills You Should ReadMon March 06 2017 by Christopher Aedo
I try not to post too much political stuff here unless I think it's something useful and interesting. In this case, I've seen this list of bills proposed in the US house of representatives several places. All the times I've seen it however, it's just text (and often on twitter it's an IMAGE of text). No links, no more information, just basically "here are some numbers and scary titles of bills!"
For my own information I wanted to find the actual bills and their titles, initially expecting the titles to be less scary, or the numbers not actually matching up. I guess I expect "fake news" everywhere I look these days. As it turned out, the numbers and titles matched up. The content is pretty scary in my opinion, and represents a push to create an America that is not consistent with the constitution we were founded upon. At least these efforts are in the public and are being recorded for the sake of history. What follows is the list I came across plus links to the actual bill on congress.gov. If for some reason that content is later removed I will update these links to point to their archived versions at the internet archive.
- HR 861 - Termination of the Environmental Protection Agency
- HR 610 - Choices In Education Act (vouchers for public education)
- HR 899 - Termination of the Department of Education
- HJR 69 - Repeal department of interior rule protecting wildlife
- HR 370 - Repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- HR 354 - Discontinue Funding for Planned Parenthood
- HR 785 - National Right-to-Work Act (ends or disables unions)
- HR 83 - Prohibit the receipt of Federal financial assistance by sanctuary cities
- HR 147 - Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (bans abortions based on sex - i.e. if you wanted a boy but are pregnant with a girl instead, an abortion on that basis alone would be illegal.)
- HR 808 - Sanctions Against Iran